ITLog #1 Defeated by a Tight Screw

Hello! Information Technology Log or ITLog is where I post 'dailies' or whenevers of my adventures in tech. Will still be writing 'proper' posts but this is just a diary of sorts

- - - - - - 

July 8, 2020 Wednesday

I bought the cheapest thermal paste I can find on Lazada. I found one for 50php and bought it, with shipping it costs 90php. I was really excited to fix the Acer laptop, since it has heating issues.

I immediately dismantled the laptop, and got to the heat pipes. Initially, I thought all heat pipe screws were stuck, but was able to remove all save one. That one screw just won't budge and in frustration, I unthreaded the head. Now I need a drill to force a flathead screwdriver to open it. In disappointment, I hastily put everything back together and now the lights turn on but it quickly dies again. Perhaps I didn't put all the ribbons back. I was just too sad.

I even watched videos on how to repaste thermal glue because I was so excited


Welp, at least I know what's wrong. Someday, I'll have the tools and skills to fix this


Another death. How many times have I killed and revived this laptop?

Comments

Popular Posts